Monday, May 24, 2010

Pop Bubble Punch!

Last night Jennifer and I braved the subway to go see our fellow new teacher, Soo, perform at the Chungmu Art Hall. She is in a TESOL program to teach English through theatre and music. Part of her assignment is to put on performances for the public. Her group is called Pop Bubble Punch! and included several songs from The Sound of Music, Gypsy, The King and I, Mamma Mia, and one number from The Lion King.

It was a lot of fun to see someone we knew (or are starting to get to know) in a performance. "Oh! Do you see her?" we whispered to each other. We did. She had a major role in The Lion King song "I Just Can't Wait to be King" where she played the part of Zazu. She was great! Very enthusiastic and colorful in her costume.

The entire performance was a smaller production, most of the cast sang and acted and danced. It was a very unique cultural experience to hear songs sung by Koreans in English. Overall, it was a terrific experience, probably the highlight of my weekend. We got to explore the art hall and see what other shows will be coming out and we got to see a very lively, enthusiastic, performers singing songs that we know and love.

And now, drumroll, please.... Pictures! (Although we didn't get to see Soo after the performance; I think she was going to be busy with her family.)



This is me standing in front of a sculpture display in front of the art hall (You might say, a work of art next to a work of art... I'm just kidding. My ego isn't quite that big. Close. But not quite.)



Another display outside of the art hall. Colorful tubs. I liked them.



Here is a picture of one of many places to eat at the art hall. I especially liked this one because it had turf instead of grass.



This is a display of Japanese food. It look delicious!



This is what soda/juice/water/beverage machines look like here. Kinda nifty, eh?



This is a view from the art hall.

I'm giving into my "touristy" side more, so more pictures will follow, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment