Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fears and tears (isn't that a song?) and garlic chicken

Tomorrow is my first day of teaching. As I just barely finished my lesson plans on Friday night and am not allowed to bring work home, I'm a little apprehensive. I don't have photocopies or activities mapped out or anything yet. I'm reading Harry Wong, though, to prepare my day and my classes.

As I've lived at home for the past few years, tonight it's hit the hardest. Usually the day before I start work or school or something new, I'm nervous. I've been like that my entire life; I think it's pretty normal. The night before the first day of school, you're always nervous and excited. Well, I usually have my dad to talk to about that and he laughs at me because I worry but he always reassures me as well.

So now I don't have that and I miss that most.

Oh, I'm getting sentimental in my old age. You know, in Korea I'm 29! How awful! I thought I was losing a day was bad, but I lost 2 years! Which would mean I'd turn 30 this year! No offense to 30 year olds or soon-to-be's, but yuck!!

And I reheated garlic chicken in a pot and now I reek of garlic and so does my apartment and that's just gross. Especially because I have to talk to and be around people, and yes, of course, I'm going to shower and brush my teeth, but I think sometimes the smell lingers. Ew.

I'm rambling now. I'm off to shower and get ready for bed.
Good night, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment