Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Demo Lesson

Today was day 4 of training. It feels like it's been a LOT longer than that, but nope, I counted, it hasn't. I've been here a little over a week total. I got here late last Monday night. It's Tueday evening.

Anywho, today was our demo lesson, which meant: nerves, tension, and butterflies galore. I thought I had things mapped out but when I got up there I wasn't sure that everything flowed as well as I'd planned. Gah. All in all, I was rather bummed with my lesson and felt that the other teachers' lessons had gone much better. But my feedback was pretty good. She said that I should remember to speak more slowly but that having a warm-up that directly went into the lesson was good. So, that was nice to hear! Hanna is really funny and gives feedback in a really constructive way. I'm really glad she's in charge of afternoon teachers because she's pretty positive and full of good ideas.

The next few days are going to involve a lot of lesson planning, so (like a nerd) I'm quite excited about that. I'm going to be reading more about the SLP curriculum as well as some Harry Wong and Tribes (thank you, Chris!).

Picture of the day:



For Buddha's birthday, colorful lanterns lined the street I take to work. I used them as my guide. Lanterns, check; this is my street. Not such a great idea because they were temporary decorations. It was very pretty, especially at night. I took this picture last night, in the rain, and I'm lucky I did, because they were all down today.

No comments:

Post a Comment