Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dodging Traffic

Walking to work is an adventure. Will I be hit by a car today? Will I be run over by a moped as I jump out of the way of an oncoming car? Sidewalks, you say? Sidewalks are not always readily available. On the way to work, it's all small, narrow streets and there are no sidewalks. Sidewalks don't guarantee safety either; scooters or mopeds may decide to drive on sidewalks instead of the road. Now that it's getting warmer, people on bikes are another hazard.

On the way home from the Immigration Office (I'm an Alien, btw. I've got my card and everything. Whoop!), we got out of the way of a car coming up behind us, only to be in the way of a car coming towards us. Once they squeezed around each other and we got out alive, we almost got run over by a moped. Jumping out of the way, we were almost hit by a very determined man on his way to work.

So you see, everyday really IS an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment