Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Re-connected and it feels so good.

I got a cell phone today. It makes me feel ridiculously cool and I check it between classes, although no one had my number at that point and I knew no one was calling me; it just was so cool to have a new phone IN MY HANDS.

I've been really okay being out of touch with technology the last two months. But now that I'm back in touch (sort of), it's exciting. I got the cheapest phone they had so it's nothing too special, but even for a basic phone it has a lot of nifty features. It reminds me of my phone in England; it was so light it almost seemed like a fake phone, but it had tetris on it and lots of things that could keep me busy for hours. Sadly though, I didn't get the phone with television access. What was I thinking?? Clearly I wasn't. So I can't catch Korean soaps or call Mars, but I'm pretty sure I can make phone calls and send SMS (text messages).

I also have access to the subway map (though all in Korean) and a dictionary and "life calculator."

Today I also discovered that I can call cell phones in the US with Skype. Rad. And I found amazing tacos. Which, yes, is a pretty big deal.

So good day in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment